- Declutter: Keep your bathroom decor simple. If you're already cramped for space, don't add more things into the mix! What things do you actually NEED in the bathroom? Keep the non-essentials, like cleaning supplies and plungers, in a larger room or in a linen closet.
- Organize: With that said, certain items need to be stored in the bathroom, like razors, cotton balls, q-tips, etc. For these items, organize the clutter into containers or bins to create a cleaner illusion. Look into purchasing a shower rack so you can easily hide some of these items when you have people over by just pulling the curtain closed. Over the door racks are perfect for towels or bathrobes and over the door cabinet baskets are nice for holding curling irons and hair dryers and maximizing your space.
- Accessorize Simply: Crazy, clashing prints or too many bright colors close together can overwhelm any space, but especially a small one! Keep things like the trash can, shower curtain, bath mat and rugs simple, too!
- Brighten It Up: Let as much natural light in as you are able to, or change bulbs by the mirror to a higher wattage. You may even consider putting a couple of small plants in the room, too! You can also brighten things up by making small, yet impactful choices with color accents.
- Little Luxuries Go a Long Way: Whether it's a super soft bathrobe, plush towels, memory foam bathmat or a new pair of slippers, make the things you keep in the bathroom comfortable! It may not make the room appear bigger, but it definitely makes it feel cozier!
Image courtesy Pixabay