Posted February 26, 2016 by RentJungleSo now you know why living alone is awesome, but how do you make sure your space rocks as much as you do? Decorating a small space can seem like a daunting task. How can you make your studio apartment cute, functional, stylish, and organized all at the same time? Well, we have gathered a few tips and tricks to help you do just that.
1. Make sure to designate different areas for different tasks. It can be as simple as placing an area rug for your “living room” to separate it from the kitchen. Another hack we found was to put up a curtain to divide the space.
2. We know most landlords don’t allow you to paint the walls but that doesn’t mean you can’t add some color! Pick out your favorite wallpaper and create an easy wall hanging decoration. This way you can also pack it up when you leave and use it in your next apartment.
3. Buy furniture that has more than one function. This one has to be our favorite. It is amazing how well you can use a space if you make sure each item checks more than one box off your list. For example, check out this fold-away desk and this extendable table. Both of these items can be used as a desk, a table, and storage! Not only that but they can be hidden away when you have guests over.
4. Now when it comes to the kitchen, organization is key. One of the best tricks we have found is to not only use the shelves in your cabinet but also the inside of the doors. This allows you to free up some drawer space for things like measuring cups, spices, serving spoons, etc.
5. Last but not least, mirrors! Creating the illusion that there is more space in your apartment than there actually is, is done by adding mirrors. You can incorporate them on your gallery wall, add one to the back of your door, and more.
As you can see, there are endless possibilities when decorating a small space. All you have to do is get creative and your studio apartment can be your sanctuary.