Posted January 04, 2016 by RentJungleThere are many factors that go into choosing a place to live. Career opportunities, affordable housing/rent, public transportation, safety – the list could scroll to the bottom of the page! But what about choosing a city based off its friendliness? Yep, you heard us correctly. For the third year in a row, Conde Nast Traveler asked their loyal readers to rate a city’s friendliness with respect to whether they felt welcome or not.
We couldn’t resist sharing the findings with you, in hopes that current and future apartment hunters will consider adding “friendliness” to their list of factors when choosing their next place to live.
The Top 10 Friendliest Cities:
1. Park City, Utah- "A great place that brings city life to outdoor enthusiasts, film geeks, and families."
2. Savannah, Georgia- "Bubbling with Southern charm, the locals of Savannah are so welcoming and hospitable, fun and talkative you'd think it was an act. (It's not.)”
3. Charleston, South Carolina- “From the many choices of things to do (or simply doing nothing at all) to the laid-back but sophisticated atmosphere, there is really no way not to have a good time here."
4. Nashville, Tennessee- “It's a city of characters and the vibe of downtown is hard to beat. We came on vacation and never left."
5. Austin, Texas- "Austin is quirky and fun and rich with Texas charm.”
6. Sante Fe, New Mexico- "A world-class foodie scene, spiritual scenery, and peerless vibe."
7. Asheville, North Carolina- "Great mountain scenery and friendly people. Always a smile from those you meet."
8. Jackson, Wyoming- "The people are friendly and the views are out of this world. It's a genuine taste of the original American West."
9. New Orleans, Louisiana- "This is truly a place meant for enjoying life. Extraordinary sensory experiences at every turn, and it seems as if everyone WANTS you to have a good time."
10. Burlington, Vermont- "The place always has something going on and it’s super clean!"
There you have it. Conde Nast Traveler’s 10 friendliest cities, cherry-picked by the fans themselves. On the contrary, the 10 unfriendliest cities can be viewed here. Will you now add friendliness to your list of moving factors when choosing a new place to live?
(Image courtesy of Pixabay)